Friday 24 October 2008

"JP" for JönköpingsPosten

I have to be honest: there was in fact at least one thing that has quite dramatically changed from often pretty bad to nearly non-existant after I moved to Sweden about 4000 days ago.
Yes, if people ask me how long I am here I usually answer in "so many days and nights". Gives the whole experience a totally different dimension. Kind of with a not-so-sweet taste....
But, as I said earlier: one ailment of mine has been cured: low-low blood pressure.
No, not by dipping in and/or drinking the water of Lake Vättern...
..........but by consuming the local newspaper, Jönköping's very own JönköpingsPosten.
My day gets a REAL kick-start simply by browsing through this journal quotidien. Reading it is such a turn-on, that my inherited low blood pressure has disappeared and is replaced by a strong healthy blood rush that prepares me adequately for the battles that await me throughout the day.
And I am rarely disappointed.
There is a amazing variety of news that strike you alternatively as hilarious, unbelievably stupid, totally unbelievable or if nothing else, typically Swedish (which is NOT a compliment).

On this Blog-platform I intend to write about all that strikes me as odd in the sense, that ONLY if you are born on the other side of the fence (another Swedish peculiarity, these fences!) you probably understand what the hell I am talking about.
So: pazienza, something will soon come up.