Tuesday 28 October 2008

"S" for Shoes

There is a custom here in Sweden that strikes me as rather pleasant if you are overkänslig with dirt. I am talking about the dirt under your shoes .
So from the house-wifely point of view you it is actually convenient to take off your boots/shoes/sandals and hopp around barefeet or socky.
However, if you think of the efforts some people may make to match their footwear with the rest of their outfit (and I am one of those ) it is pretty annoying to slope around on some dusty floor, possibly with cat's hair, food crumps etc. sticking under your feet. Of course, one can always take a "clean" pair of shoes along and switch over to those for the time being...........
And then I wonder, why it seems to be another local habit of the under 35 years generation to sit in the bus and wipe off their filthy sneakers on the opposite seat and kind of feel really cool in doing so. If I dare to comment on this they give me either a dumb, blank stare, kind of "I fuck donnow what the fuck is your problem" or the more outspoken ones say right away "Håll käften" and feel probably heroic.
Well, there are many ways to prove a point.